widget

Sunday 8 May 2016

The Wedding Part 1

…the day that I’ve been waiting for. To be united as one with my love.


Who would’ve thought that we could get married one day?... and here we are after all those years, united as one, always and forever...


There were mixed feelings that morning, the wedding jitters. It hit me around an hour before the akad nikah. I can’t sit still and keep wondering what time we’ll be leaving the house. That heartbeat was insane; it kept getting worse once we step out of the house.
The moment I stepped out of the car and enter the mosque, I told myself, this is it. This is what you’ve been waiting for. Bismillah.
 
The usual routine kicks in when we meet our relatives, salam here and there, take photos and everybody was excited!
 
I’ve told my parents that I wanted to sit on the ground, the same level as my husband during the nikah; they agreed. And so, there’s always somebody in the family that will boss you around and die die wants you to listen to them. And yeah, it happened to me. Not my own relative but his. So his aunt told me to sit on the chair and I said politely that I want to sit on the ground. She keeps insisting me to sit on the chair. Like hello, aku nak kahwin ke kau? Like who’s gonna listen to you when you’re just a nobody to me right? So I just went on and sit on the ground and not bother about her. Ha ha. You don’t own me makcik.
 
And then, the kadi came… oh……my heartbeat keeps going dap dup dap dup very fast like a race car.
 
I knew that my father would give me away / nikahkan, so I’m mentally prepared (not so much on the emotional part though). The moment I heard my father’s voice saying, “Aku nikahkan kau bersama anak kandungku…” tears flowing down like a river. I can’t control myself. Nasib bridesmaid kat sebelah boleh tolong lap lap kan. Emo habis ok.
 
Then after all that jazz, it’s time to sign the documents. Just imagine eh, nak sign pun boleh nangis tau. Wth fiqah, asal emo sangat ni. Hahahah
 
It feels so surreal, being married. Alhamdullilah, the nikah went well.
 
We had a mini photo taking session and everyone head to SPGG for the reception and lunch. Stay tune for the next part...

//Photos taken by La Rosa 



Some of the dulangs made by me. This one is from him to me.



and that is from me to him.

"Aku nikahkan dikau..."








xoxo,
Fiqah

No comments: